Ok,
A post from Jason.
So how long has it been for The Family of Ramsey. I am not going to look back because I am afraid it will depress me. None of that is Margaret's fault as when we started this I promised to help. Look back at the posts and see how much I have helped! Anyone would get discouraged with that kind of help. When I left work to come home tonight I had no idea that I would be writing on this blog tonight.
I was happy that I actually got off work at a decent time tonight. I thought it would be great, since there was a lot of light still left, to mow the front yard. It was actually relaxing since I was not trying to mow it as fast as possible. Also, Margaret and Ford joined me outside for a little while during the process. Once finished Margaret asked if we could put out our Easter cross.
I want to make this extremely clear. This "tradition" is followed by certain denominations and that is NOT why we do it. We choose to celebrate the meaning of it. I know a lot of people from VERY different beliefs and there is nothing special about the day of Easter. It is just a day we choose to signify what God has done for us through his promise He made to us through His Son.
Margaret then asked me if I would like to go through its meaning to explain to Ford. Right, he is 1 year old so it took me by surprise. I thought how weird it is to explain the Story of Easter to a 1 year old whose vocabulary consists of da- da and sometimes a grunt. Once Margaret started I had an overwhelming guilt of the message that I heard Sunday morning. More on that in a little bit.
If you have never heard of this tradition here is what we do...
A few weeks before Easter we put out a cross in our front yard with a purple cloth on it. This signifies Jesus riding into Jerusalem as the King of Kings and how people reacted to him. Laying down palm beaches and screaming like they were at a Justin Beiber concert is a far cry of the next week Jesus was to endure from the same people
On Good Friday the cloth is changed to black to signify the time that Jesus was put to death on the Cross. The same people that acted like they were losing their minds a few days before just by Jesus' presence were now calling for His death.
On Easter Sunday morning we change the cloth to white to show the world that Christ has risen from the grave after taking on our sins so that we no longer have to be slaves to sin. Our sin has been conquered by the only one that was perfect, and could take that upon himself, Jesus!
So back to the guilt I spoke about earlier... actually first here is a picture I took of our cross tonight. For those that care I took it as HDR to play around with it. That is why it is a little sharp and surreal. Overall, I like it....
anyway, I digress. Here is the picture.
So, the story from above... This is the Good News of the gospel! That's is. That's what the Bible is based on. Why was that so hard. Again, that guilt that I spoke about earlier comes from what I heard Sunday morning. We are studying Stewardship at church. We have been on this series for a few weeks now and not once spoke about money! I think that is coming this week though! Anyway, at the end of the sermon our Pastor spoke about sharing the Gospel and what holds us back from that.
I realized when Margaret asked me to share the story of Christ, THE GOSPEL, I felt shocked and a little weird about it. TO MY OWN SON! What is wrong with me! If I can't be confident at a moments notice talking to my son about Christ and what he has done for me how to I have a prayer to do this at places by work.
So, here it is! The only prayer that I have to get through this is my prayer to God. No ore feeling guilty as if I truly believe the story of Christ the is NO ROOM for guilt. Does this mean that I will always get it right. Absolutely not! I stink at my life. That is why I am excited that I have Christ. Christ is where my worth is wrapped in. NOTHING ELSE!!! I just have to keep praying and to remember that Christ is not surprised by my actions, and that does not make my actions right, but he has paid the debt for those actions already.
What does this mean? Well, here is my challenge. The christians that I work with, the people that I go to church with, the Men from Tres Dias... anyone has my blessing to remind me when my attitude, language, actions, frustration level or anything that does not display Christ and what he means is out of line from the story above.
Just to remind everyone it was my Godly, faithful wife that took the place as Spiritual leader of our house at that moment only because I choose not to! No longer. God has made me as a man of Christ with a purpose for my family. I will continue to remind myself of my place in this home. There is no way that my family can survive successfully if I choose to relinquish the role God has placed me here for.
That is it. A little longer explanation of a 1 1/2 minute conversation tonight on our front lawn. I am so thankful for Margaret and her willingness to be who God has called her to be.
So, hopefully more to come but I am excited about what is going on.

No comments:
Post a Comment